from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The amount that a teaspoon can hold.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A unit of capacity equal to the amount a teaspoon can hold which is taken approximately as 5ml.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. As much as teaspoon will hold; enough to fill a teaspoon. In cooking, it is usually estimated as 4.9 milliliters, which is 1/6 of a fluid ounce, or 1/3 of a tablespoonful. In cooking recipes it may be abbreviated as t.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. As much as a teaspoon holds; as a definite quantity, a fluidrachm. When solids are measured by the teaspoonful, the spoon is generally heaped.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. as much as a teaspoon will hold
teaspoon + -ful (Wiktionary)