American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A small cup used with a saucer for serving tea.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cup in which tea is served. The tea-cups used in China and Japan have no handles, but some have covers, and are sometimes placed in little saucers of some different material.
- n. A teacupful: as, a tea-cup of flour.
- n. a small cup, with a handle, used for drinking tea; normally sits in a saucer as part of a tea set
- n. a unit of measure; a teacupful
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A small cup from which to drink tea.
- n. as much as a teacup will hold
- n. a cup from which tea is drunk
“All of your photos are beautiful, but the one in teacup is exceptional.”
“Meanwhile, today's teacup is one sent to me by stwish, made by his friends at Earthbound Arts (I also have a mermaid and a faerie queene -- ornaments -- from there, and both are lovely) And today's tea is the last of the crepe faire from Stash -- the last crepe faire ever, I suspect, as they've discontinued the flavor.”
“Today's teacup is Paraphilias Involving Bunnies, which I have had since just before college.”
“The carafe was drunk from similarly, as well as the porcelain teacup and the indelicate glass of wine.”
“So pretty, Myriam ... the presentation in the colorful teacup is wonderful ... love that look!”
“This Kabuki-styled doll approaches surprised guests with a full teacup on a tray; it stops walking when the teacup is taken, waits quietly, bows, then slowly turns around, smoothly scooting away with the empty teacup on its tray ...”
“When a fragile teacup is broken, the shopkeeper gives it and a matching saucer to Petie.”
“Media inflate into full scale storm in teacup, harking back to miner’s strike, which was an entirely different kettle of fish.”
“This tempest in a teacup is just one of the front lines of the Left’s war on anything Bush-related.”
“This tempest in a teacup is just one of the front lines of the Left’s war on anything Bush-related. pimp hand strikes!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘teacup’.
Words that make me feel cozy
All things tea (lingo, paraphernalia, types).
( personal list )
related (from me):
Looking for tweets for teacup.