from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Worthy, as of reward, praise, or aid.
- n. Merit; worthiness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. worthy of reward or praise; meritorious
- adj. meriting, worthy (reward, punishment etc.)
- n. desert, merit or demerit
- v. Present participle of deserve.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Desert; merit.
- adj. Meritorious; worthy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of meriting; desert; merit or demerit.
- Worthy of reward or praise; meritorious; possessed of good qualities that entitle to approbation: as, a deserving officer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. worthy of being treated in a particular way
Sorry, no etymologies found.