from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not finally established, settled or confirmed.
- adj. Not having undergone the ritual of confirmation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not firmly established; not possessed of its full measure of strength or stability: as, his health was still unconfirmed.
- Not fortified by resolution; weak; raw.
- Not confirmed or strengthened by additional testimony.
- Eccles.: Not having received the sacrament or sacramental rite of confirmation.
- Not having his election as bishop ratified by the archbishop.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not finally established or settled
Sorry, no etymologies found.
However, though the famous story must remain unconfirmed, a lesser-known, but equally sensational one can be unfolded in its place ..
We've clearly debunked thing here on FR that snopes continues to insist are "unconfirmed" - they are indeed at the very least sympathetic to the left.
Apparently it’s upto 20 dead (after seeing the picture of the packed bus, this will rise), 2 officially confirmed, and Al Qaeda have apparently unnofficially taken responsibility (again unconfirmed).
Reports the arena is stockpiling 'Jesus Juice' for Jackson's little friends remain unconfirmed.
Reports that Mr Choudhary intends to stand for Parliament remain unconfirmed.
Reports that the Royal Air Force are to replace their air-to-ground missiles with 'Nerf Darts' remain unconfirmed.
Reports that Scotland Yard are also to investigate Mr Brown with regard to a charge of 'Impersonating a Competent Politician', and the lesser charge of 'Impersonating a Human Being' remain unconfirmed.
The inside word unconfirmed is that he's doing this over Cooper's objections.
In Geneva, the U.N. human rights office urged Ouattara's camp to restrain its forces after what the agency described as "unconfirmed reports of quite serious human-rights violations."
The sightings are classified as unconfirmed because no member of the park's staff or the state
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.