from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not finally established, settled or confirmed.
- adj. Not having undergone the ritual of confirmation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not firmly established; not possessed of its full measure of strength or stability: as, his health was still unconfirmed.
- Not fortified by resolution; weak; raw.
- Not confirmed or strengthened by additional testimony.
- Eccles.: Not having received the sacrament or sacramental rite of confirmation.
- Not having his election as bishop ratified by the archbishop.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not finally established or settled
Sorry, no etymologies found.