from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A very large, hairy, humanlike creature purported to inhabit the Pacific Northwest and Canada. Also called Sasquatch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A very large, hairy, humanoid creature, similar to the yeti, said to live in the wilderness areas of the United States and Canada, especially the Pacific Northwest.
- v. Alternative spelling of bigfoot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A book-name of a mound-bird of the genus Megapodius.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large hairy humanoid creature said to live in wilderness areas of the United States and Canada
November was BIGFOOT Night! a delightful evening which brought out skeptics and honest-to-God Bigfoot fans.
Actually I tend to think the greatest evidence of the sanity and intelligence of Bigfoot is the very fact that we
Strangely it seems the usual gender of Homo Sapiens abducted by Bigfoot is actually Male, whoever Bigfoot is He don't seem to be interested in Women, just guys ...
The mythic wild hairy creatures that walk upright through woods are called Bigfoot, Sasquatch, the Abominable Snowman and, locally, Snow Person.
Bigfoot is really last surviving member of the elder race.
The author explains that the more-or-less "human" qualities of the wild man have shifted - depending on the myth's moment in history - from the base to noble savage, from Lope de Vega's indulgent wild ladies to Goya's evil cannibals, from orgy-indulging satyrs to the gentler aspect of Walden and even the peculiar respect with which Bigfoot is viewed, today, as an innocent, vegetarian creature of nature on the run from modern man.
Will further tests and the proposed live capture of others prove beyond a doubt that Bigfoot is a new species?
Tomorrow is the 40th anniversary of the famous Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot footage, taken at Bluff Creek, California.
In honor of today's 40th anniversary of the famed Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot footage, here's a sneak peek at more evidence: a t-shirt design from Gama-Go's spring/summer 2008 line.
Most people who read this type of entry are all to familiar with the internal bickering and name-saying that goes on in Bigfoot and related studies.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.