from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Snobbish behavior or an instance of it.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property or trait of being a snob.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being snobbish; snobbishness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being snobbish; the conduct of snobs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the trait of condescending to those of lower social status
snob + -ery – doubled ‘b’ to clarify pronunciation of ‘o’. (Wiktionary)