from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The spirit or activities characteristic of religious revivals.
- n. A desire or inclination to revive what belongs to an earlier time.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The spiritual fervour of a religious revival
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The spirit of religious revivals; the methods of revivalists.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That form of religious activity which manifests itself in revivals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an attempt to reawaken the evangelical faith
Sorry, no etymologies found.