from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of destroying oneself or itself.
- n. Suicide.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The voluntary destruction of something by itself.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The destruction of one's self; self-murder; suicide.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The destruction of one's self, or of itself.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of killing yourself
- n. the act of destroying yourself
self- + destruction (Wiktionary)