from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of making black; a blackening or defamation
- n. An unfair criticism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of making black.
- n. Fig.: A blackening; defamation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of making or becoming black, literally or figuratively; a blackening.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of expressing disapproval (especially of yourself)
- n. an abusive attack on a person's character or good name
- n. a belittling comment
Sorry, no etymologies found.