from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who secedes or supports secession from a political union or an alliance or organisation.
- adj. seceding or supporting secession.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who upholds secession.
- n. One who holds to the belief that a State has the right to separate from the Union at its will.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who maintains the principle of secessionism; specifically, in United States history, one who took part in or sympathized with the attempt of the Southern States, in 1860–65, to withdraw from the Union; an inhabitant of a Southern State who aided or sympathized with the secession movement.
- Of or pertaining to secession or secessionists.
- n. Specifically, a member of a body of artists which, in principles and methods, differs from and protests against the accepted traditions of older societies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an advocate of secessionism
Sorry, no etymologies found.