from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or engaging in schism.
- n. One who promotes or engages in schism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a schism
- adj. Of or pertaining to a schisma
- n. A person involved in a schism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to schism; implying schism; partaking of the nature of schism; tending to schism.
- n. One who creates or takes part in schism; one who separates from an established church or religious communion on account of a difference of opinion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to, of the nature of, or characterized by schism; tending or inclined to or promotive of schism: as, schismatic opinions; a schismatic tendency.
- n. One who separates from an existing church or religious faith on account of a difference in opinion; one who partakes in a schism. See schism.
- n. Synonyms Sectary, etc. See heretic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or involved in or characteristic of schism
Sorry, no etymologies found.