from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Offensive Of or relating to the popes or the Roman Catholic Church.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to Roman Catholicism
- adj. acting in a manner of, or holding beliefs similar to, the pope.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the pope; taught or ordained by the pope; hence, of or pertaining to the Roman Catholic Church; -- often used opprobriously.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the Pope or the Roman Catholic Church: used in opprobrium: as, popish doctrines or practices; popish forms and ceremonies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or supporting Romanism
pope + -ish (Wiktionary)