from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or having to do with heathens.
- adj. Uncouth; barbarous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Sort-of or somewhat like a heathen.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the heathen; resembling or characteristic of heathens.
- adj. Rude; uncivilized; savage; cruel.
- adj. Irreligious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to gentiles or pagans; characteristic of or practised by the heathen: as, heathenish rites.
- Hence Uncivilized; uncultured; rude; savage; degraded; cruel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not acknowledging the God of Christianity and Judaism and Islam
Sorry, no etymologies found.