from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Offensive Of or relating to the Roman Catholic Church.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, like, pertaining to, or supporting Romanism or the Roman Catholic Church.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging or relating to Rome, or to the Roman Catholic Church; -- frequently used in a disparaging sense
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging or relating to Rome; specifically, belonging to the Roman Catholic Church: commonly used in a slightly invidious sense.
- Synonyms See papal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or supporting Romanism
From Rome + -ish. (Wiktionary)