from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the theology of Jacobus Arminius and his followers, who rejected the Calvinist doctrines of predestination and election and who believed that human free will is compatible with God's sovereignty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who follows the religious philosophy founded by the Dutch theologian Jacobus Arminius.
- adj. Of or relating to the religious philosophy founded by the Dutch theologian Jacobus Arminius
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Arminius of his followers, or to their doctrines. See note under Arminian, n.
- n. One who holds the tenets of Arminius, a Dutch divine (b. 1560, d. 1609).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of a Christian sect named from James Arminius (Jacobus Harmensen), a Protestant divine of Leyden, Netherlands (1560–1609).
- n. A believer in the Arminian doctrines.
- Pertaining to Arminius or to his doctrines.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. adherent of Arminianism
- adj. of or relating to Arminianism
Sorry, no etymologies found.