from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state, quality, or condition of being childish or puerile
- n. that which is puerile or childish; especially, an expression which is flat, insipid, or silly
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being puerile; childishness; puerileness.
- n. That which is puerile or childish; especially, an expression which is flat, insipid, or silly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A puerile character or condition; boyishness; childishness.
- n. The time of childhood; specifically, in civil law, the period of life from the age of seven years to that of fourteen.
- n. That which is puerile; what is characteristic of or done in boyhood; hence, a childish or silly act, thought, or expression.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of a child between infancy and adolescence
- n. a property characteristic of a child
From Latin puerīlitās, from puerīlis ("childish, juvenile"), from puer ("boy"). (Wiktionary)