from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or state of expecting; expectation: Tense with expectancy, I waited for my name to be called.
- n. The state of being expected.
- n. Something expected.
- n. An expected amount calculated on the basis of actuarial data: a life expectancy of 70 years.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. expectation or anticipation; the state of expecting something
- n. the state of being expected
- n. something expected or awaited
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an expectation
- n. something expected (as on the basis of a norm)
Sorry, no etymologies found.