from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being fearful
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being fearful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being fearful or timorous; timidity; awe; alarm; dread.
- n. The quality of causing fear or alarm; dreadfulness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight)
- n. the trait of being afraid
Sorry, no etymologies found.