from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or state of being torpid. See Synonyms at lethargy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being torpid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as torpidness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Insensibility; numbness; torpor; apathy.
- n. In zoology, a dormant state in which no food is taken; the condition of an animal in hibernation or estivation, when it passes its time in the winter or summer sleep; dormancy.
- n. Dullness; sluggishness; stupidity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a state of motor and mental inactivity with a partial suspension of sensibility
- n. inactivity resulting from lethargy and lack of vigor or energy
Sorry, no etymologies found.