from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being pretty.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being pretty; -- used sometimes in a disparaging sense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Pleasantness; agreeableness.
- n. The state or quality of being pretty, or pleasing to the esthetic sense; especially, the effect of beauty in its slighter, more delicate, and more evanescent forms; the charm of grace, harmony, delicacy, or neatness, as presented to the sight or the hearing; diminutive or dainty beauty: as, the prettiness of a picture or a tune; the prettiness of a gesture, a dimple, or a lisp.
- n. Neatness and taste bestowed on small objects; hence, often, petty elegance; affected niceness; finicalness; foppishness.
- n. That which is pretty; a pretty thing or person: generally in a depreciative sense, as suggesting pettiness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being appealing in a delicate or graceful way (of a girl or young woman)
pretty + -ness (Wiktionary)