from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made or used for ocean voyages.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. designed for use on ocean voyages
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. capable of crossing an ocean; used on the high seas; -- used mostly of ships.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sea-going; able to meet safely the dangers of ocean navigation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. used on the high seas
Sorry, no etymologies found.