from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Along, by way of, or following a coast: The winds blew coastwise. Coastwise winds contributed to the storm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Along the coast.
- adv. Along the coast.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. By way of, or along, the coast; following a coastline.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- By way of or along the coast.
- Following the coast: moving or carried on along the coast: as, the coastwise trade.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. by way of, or along the coast
- adj. along or following a coast
coast + -wise (Wiktionary)