from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or being a steamboat with a paddle wheel on each side.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a paddle wheel on each side; said of steam vessels.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a paddle wheel on each side; -- said of steam vessels.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wheel placed at the side, as of a machine or a vehicle; specifically, one of a pair of paddle-wheels at the sides of a steam-vessel, as distinguished from the single stern-wheel used on some steamboats.
- Having side-wheels: as, a side-wheel steamer.
Sorry, no etymologies found.