from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Headed out, as toward the open sea: an outward-bound tanker.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. bound in an outward direction or to foreign parts; -- said especially of vessels, and opposed to
- adj. travelling away from a port or station. Opposite of
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Proceeding from a port or country: as, an outward-bound ship.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. that is going out or leaving
Sorry, no etymologies found.