from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of ships, shipping, sailors, or navigation on a body of water.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to or involving ships or shipping or navigation or seamen.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to seamen, to the art of navigation, or to ships.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to ships, seamen, or navigation: as, nautical skill. Abbreviated nautical
- Synonyms Marine, Naval, etc. See maritime.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or involving ships or shipping or navigation or seamen
From Latin nauticus, from Greek nautikos, from nautēs, sailor, from naus, ship; see nāu- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin nauticus ("of or relating to sailors") (Wiktionary)