from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a kitchen or to cookery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to the practice of cookery or the activity of cooking.
- adj. Of, or relating to a kitchen
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to the kitchen, or to the art of cookery; used in kitchens.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to the kitchen, or to the art of cookery; used in kitchens or in cooking: as, a culinary vessel; culinary herbs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or used in cooking
Latin culīnārius, from culīna, kitchen; see pekw- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin culina: kitchen. Old English, cyln: cooking. The first written appearance of culinary was in 1638, suggested to be reintroduced from classical Latin by 16th century humanists. (Wiktionary)