from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to seas or oceans, especially smaller or inland seas.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to seas and oceans
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the sea; -- sometimes applied to rocks formed from sediments deposited upon the sea bottom.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology, living in the high seas; pelagic; marine.
- Of, pertaining to, or restricted to the smaller bodies of water called seas, as distinguished from oceanic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to the seas, especially smaller or inland seas
French thalassique, from Greek thalassa, sea.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French thalassique, from Ancient Greek θάλασσα (thalassa, "sea") + -ique (Wiktionary)