American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Informal Images, especially photographs, of minimally attired men with muscular physiques.
- n. Informal Attractive men with muscular physiques, such as those in these images.
- n. Used other than as an idiom: see beef, cake.
- n. informal, uncountable Imagery of one or more muscular, well-built men.
- n. informal, countable Such a male, especially as seen as physically desirable.
- n. a photograph of a muscular man in minimal attire
- From beef + cake, by analogy with cheesecake ("an image of a sexy young woman"). (Wiktionary)
- beef + (cheese)cake. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“And John Irving replied with what can only be described as a beefcake photo!”
“But this, of course, is just icing on the glatt kosher beefcake, which is that "Ben" is”
“The audacity of some people. chris Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 07: 56 PM EST the cute gay guy and the beefcake are the only reasons that i'm watching this season. the closeted mormon just might be the reason i stop watching before the season ends”
“Rumor has it that the beefcake is her new boy toy.”
“If they were to bless us with a little "beefcake" at one of our "Fill-in-the-blank Unlimited" dinners, I might (for once) not fall asleep in my beer half way through the auction!!!”
“TMZ. com is letting people vote on whether they would choose "beefcake" Hugh Jackman or "a bona fide hero" Capt.”
“And wouldn't it be funny if cake #1 WAS a 'beefcake'?”
“They don rhinestone W brooches and buy mouse pads, posters and T-shirts showing the president as a kind of beefcake Uncle Sam, with flowing white hair and bulging muscles threatening to rend his red, white and blue garments.”
“Ladies, it's your chance to enjoy some "beefcake" and support the WSCFF Burn Foundation at the Firefighter Calendar Judging show taking place at the Showbox SoDo, 1700 First Ave.,”
“Even if White House photographers are no problem for the Obamas, there are still the paparazzi to worry about, as illustrated by the "beefcake" photos of a shirtless president-elect taken during the Obama family vacation in Hawaii.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘beefcake’.
Things that sound edible but are not (usually). See Liberty's To Eat, or Not to Eat? for more diet food.
Names for the next generation of My Little Ponies. Inspired by Star's list.
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favourite word" and adds it to this list.
niglets, aw, flakey, shiznit, thatch, sexy, bummers, hotty, eargasms, ratchetry, weird, fab and 457 more...
cat-o-nine-tails, snake in the grass, puppy love, white elephant, crocodile tears, monkey business, keep the wolf fro..., culture vulture, black sheep of th..., scapegoat, ugly duckling, swan song and 260 more...
Those I like and those that are NOT phrases e.g. Air would count but Arcade Fire would not, even if I like both. Also specific groups of words are included such as Iron Maiden (a specific thing) vs...
Looking for tweets for beefcake.