American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A single pictorial composition made by juxtaposing or superimposing many pictures or designs.
- n. The art or process of making such a composition.
- n. A relatively rapid succession of different shots in a movie.
- n. The juxtaposition of such successive shots as a cinematic technique.
- n. A composite of closely juxtaposed elements: a montage of voices on an audiotape.
- v. To use or incorporate in a montage.
- n. An art form consisting of putting together or assembling various smaller pictures to create a larger work.
- n. An analogous literary, musical or other heterogenous artistic composite
- v. transitive To combine or depict into a montage
- n. a paste-up made by sticking together pieces of paper or photographs to form an artistic image
- Borrowing from French montage, from the verb monter ("put up") (Wiktionary)
- French, from monter, to mount, from Old French; see mount1. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Shorn of the title montage of New York City street scenes,”
“I almost left this one off, because in actuality, this montage is all exposition and almost no action.”
“I wanted to find the original "Power of Love" scene from Back the Future, but this montage is the best I could do.”
“Handle sweeping events in detail through narrative summary - a montage is a poor imitation.”
“The DJ also believes that his use of audio montage is in parallel to our 'collage, non-linear imagination.”
“Strange as it seems, from a film making point of view, the “Gonna Fly Now” running montage is one of the most important scenes in movie making history from a technical point of view, same with the match at the end of the fight.”
“Mondo's montage is heart-warming and houndstooth-y.”
“Trying to pick which montage is better is like choosing which of your children you love most.”
“Â A majority of this story is told in montage, which works both for and against it, but the overall effect is to answer the question of how Rex Splode came to be in a satisfactory fashion.”
“The snowy training montage is my favorite of the whole “Rocky” series and you cannot underestimate the power of the Drago (Dolph Lundgren).”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘montage’.
Words only (I left out the expressions) from Geza Kerenyi's EN-HU interpreters' dictionary. Most of them pose some difficulty when interpreted between HU and EN in either or both directions.
an immense, grandiloquent list that loads like a thousand years sentence in stone. new words are in the other lists.
Significant Words- Guiding you on your path to Snazzibility
Words as I learn them.
Looking for tweets for montage.