from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A photograph made through a microscope. Also called microphotograph.
- transitive v. To photograph (an object) through a microscope.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A photograph taken using a microscope
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An enlarged or macroscopic photograph of a microscopic object. See microphotograph.
- n. A microscopically small photograph of an object.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An enlarged or macroscopic photograph of a microscopic object; an enlarged photograph.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a photograph taken with the help of a microscope
photo- + micrograph (Wiktionary)