from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Containing or yielding salt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Yielding or containing salt; saliniferous
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Producing, or impregnated with, salt.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In geology, noting a formation containing a considerable amount of rocksalt, or yielding brine in economically valuable quantity. Saliferous beds are found in almost all the divisions of the geological series, from the lowest to the highest.
- Bearing or containing salt: said of plants that grow in saline soil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. containing or yielding salt
Sorry, no etymologies found.