from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Given to biting; biting.
- adj. Caustic; sarcastic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Biting, causing a physical bite or sting; corrosive
- adj. sharp or caustic in style or tone.
- adj. Prone to biting, aggressive (of an animal etc.).
- adj. Sharp in intent, sarcastic
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Biting; given to biting; hence, figuratively, sarcastic; severe; scathing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Biting; given to biting.
- Acrid; violent in action.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of wounding
- adj. biting or given to biting
Latin mordāx, mordāc- (from mordēre, to bite; see mer- in Indo-European roots) + -ious.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin mordax ("given to biting, corrosive") (from mordere ("to bite, sting")) + -ious. (Wiktionary)