from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be returned or brought back: returnable bottles and cans; returnable merchandise.
- adj. Law Required to be returned within a specified time: a returnable writ.
- n. An empty beverage container that may be returned for refund of a deposit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of being returned.
- n. Something that is returnable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of, or admitting of, being returned.
- adj. Legally required to be returned, delivered, given, or rendered.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being returned.
- In law, legally required to be returned, delivered, given, or rendered: as, a writ or precept returnable at a certain day; a verdict returnable to the court.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. that may be returned
Sorry, no etymologies found.