from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Recovering one's health and strength after a period of illness.
- adj. Of convalescence or convalescents (see below).
- n. A person recovering from illness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Recovering from sickness or debility; partially restored to health or strength.
- adj. Of or pertaining to convalescence.
- n. One recovering from sickness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Recovering health and strength after sickness or debility.
- Pertaining to convalescence; adapted to a state of convalescence.
- n. One who is recovering health or strength after sickness or weakness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. returning to health after illness or debility
- n. a person who is recovering from illness
Sorry, no etymologies found.