from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of, suitable for, or exhibiting luminescence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. emitting light by luminescence
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Shining with a light due to any of the various causes which produce luminescence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by luminescence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. emitting light not caused by heat
Latin lūmen, lūmin-, light; see lumen + -escent.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From stem of Latin lumen ("light") + -escent (Wiktionary)