American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Capable of, suitable for, or exhibiting luminescence.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by luminescence.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Physics) Shining with a light due to any of the various causes which produce luminescence.
- adj. emitting light not caused by heat
- From stem of Latin lumen ("light") + -escent (Wiktionary)
- Latin lūmen, lūmin-, light; see lumen + -escent. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“This glowing Martian baby lamp also comes in luminescent orange and blue.”
“In a few years flat TV screens in luminescent plastic may have become a reality.”
“Some of the most 'luminescent' individuals are almost without words - they operate within a”
“I distinctly remember reading a Stephen King books with an alien kinda species on the cover which was a luminescent green.”
“Inside, LED lighting pulses in reds, pinks and purples across robot-carved shelves of horizontal luminescent Corian in Strawberry Ice.”
“The television was on and set to full-blazes, the walls a luminescent, cavernous bluish-gray.”
“It's interesting, but less striking than Jaar's recent luminescent Don't Break My Love, which is still free to download at clownandsunset.com.”
“Lubricating my limber legs with a creamy lotion that electrifies my luminescent captivation, lustrously.”
“Her soul soaked them up, engorging itself, manifesting in a luminescent radiant glow through her skin, reflecting back into her environment.”
“My face is pretty enough - some might even say lovely - but not as luminescent as the pearl I'm named for.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘luminescent’.
( open list, visual, light, descriptive )
sparkle, shine, gleam, glisten, shimmer, gloss, pearly, opalescent, iridescent, prismatic, multifaceted, glow and 35 more...
uncategorized words that I enjoy
words that evoke magic, mystery, mayhem, magnificence or anything else that glimmers in the grass
Looking for tweets for luminescent.