from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Cheerful; mirthful.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. When said of a person or a person's manner: mirthful, cheerful, smiling, light-hearted.
- adj. When said of place, landscape or view: having a pleasant appearance, looking bright or cheerful.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Laughing; laughable; exciting gayety; gay; merry; delightful to the view, as a landscape.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Laughing; gay; smiling: as, a riant landscape.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. showing or feeling mirth or pleasure or happiness
French, present participle of rire, to laugh, from Old French, from Latin rīdēre.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
French riant (Wiktionary)