from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who is 100 years old or older.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who is at least 100 years old. One who is past his or her tenth decade.
- adj. Being at least 100 years old. Beyond one's tenth decade.
- adj. Of or relating to a centenarian.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or relating to a hundred years.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a centenary, or to a person one hundred years old.
- n. A person a hundred years old or older.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being at least 100 years old
- n. someone who is at least 100 years old
It is a rather remarkable fact in connection with the examples of longevity cited that in almost every instance the centenarian is a person in the humblest rank of life.
A centenarian is a person who has lived beyond 100 years.
The centenarian is the oldest known living owner of a 2010 Camaro.
The centenarian was a union leader, fish and chip shop worker and insurance collector during a varied career in the city.
COHEN: You got check out this Web site: www. bumc.bu.edu, that's the site for Boston University and once you're there, do a search on "centenarian" and you'll find the new England Centenarian Study where you can find more on the secrets to living to 100 and beyond.
The Journal goes on to speak of perhaps the most remarkable 'centenarian' of the nineteenth century: --
"I look forward to an article here about a centenarian raping a College fresher."
I look forward to an article here about a centenarian raping a College fresher.
Magnificent fleshy growths, they were enough to make any centenarian proud.
Individuals celebrating their 100th birthday today would be entitled to demand, as my great aunt did: "I'm a centenarian, get me out of here!"
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.