from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who is 100 years old or older.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who is at least 100 years old. One who is past his or her tenth decade.
- adj. Being at least 100 years old. Beyond one's tenth decade.
- adj. Of or relating to a centenarian.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or relating to a hundred years.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a centenary, or to a person one hundred years old.
- n. A person a hundred years old or older.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being at least 100 years old
- n. someone who is at least 100 years old
From Latin centēnārius, of a hundred; see centenary.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Coined around 1800 as centenary + -an. (Wiktionary)