American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A person who is 60 years old or between the ages of 60 and 70.
- adj. Being 60 years old or between the ages of 60 and 70.
- adj. Of or relating to a sexagenarian.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sixty years old; sexagenary.
- n. A person sixty years of age, or between sixty and seventy.
- adj. Being between the age of 60 and 69, inclusive. In one's seventh decade.
- n. A person who is 60 years old or between the ages of 60 and 69.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A person who is sixty years old.
- n. someone whose age is in the sixties
- adj. being from 60 to 69 years old
- From Latin sexaginta ("sixty") (Wiktionary)
- From Latin sexāgēnārius, sexagenary; see sexagenary. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“To some, the idea of sexagenarian roommates having fun (and even getting laid) in their old age was too frightening to watch-but that was then, and this is now, where MILFs and even GILFs have their own video series, so how could a respectable parody producer not want to give these old broads their belated XXX bones?”
“Seasick SteveIn 2006 sexagenarian blues musician and former tramp Steve Wold was living in Norway and recovering from a heart attack when a tape of songs he'd made for his wife found its way to the BBC.”
“They note that the MUSE artists such as Graham Nash and Jackson Browne are "misguided" and maybe worse than that, tend to be "sexagenarian.”
“We strongly recommend Sgt. James Crowley, of Cambridge Police, for his impeccable bravery in arresting a cane wieldin 'African American sexagenarian, for a purple heart equivalent medal. thank you Monti”
“If you like sports, you simply cannot escape sexagenarian dummkopfs.”
“I've got wood!" he'll cry when this panting sexagenarian actually manages to get something right, such as whirling on a centimeter into a genital-grinding clutch with a breast-bouncing backbend to follow.”
“Johnny Carson's guest was Bob Hope, and when the sexagenarian comedian launched into what was his standard routine those days -- lots of jokes about long-haired hippies and smelly anti-war protesters -- the kids crowded into my tiny dorm room were furious.”
“As one commenter on the NY Mag website wrote, "She puts the" sex "in sexagenarian!”
“Dalglish seems to belong to a different generation from the present crop of sexagenarian managers at the top of the English game.”
“The Knox County Assistant Sheriff and her sexagenarian friend Cal visit the vessel to evaluate the damaged equipment.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sexagenarian’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
When you want to be pedantic AND childish.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Words that begin, end or have sex in them.
Hopefully, I'll be using this site for more than one year. It will be fun then to look back and see what new words I found worthy of notice in any given year.
All words spotted in 2008...
Looking for tweets for sexagenarian.