from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The cardinal number that is equal to the sum of 12 + 1.
- n. The 13th in a set or sequence.
- n. Something having 13 parts, units, or members.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The cardinal number occurring after twelve and before fourteen, represented in Roman numerals as XIII and in Arabic numerals as 13.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. One more than twelve; ten and three.
- n. The number greater by one than twelve; the sum of ten and three; thirteen units or objects.
- n. A symbol representing thirteen units, as 13 or xiii.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Being three more than ten; consisting of one more than twelve: a cardinal numeral.
- n. The number which consists of the sum of twelve and one, or of ten and three.
- n. A symbol representing thirteen units, as 13, XIII, or xiii.
- n. A silver shilling worth 13 pence, current in Ireland during the early part of the nineteenth century.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being one more than twelve
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of twelve and one
He defaulted three years later, hired a lawyer, failed to sell the house and hasn't made a mortgage payment in thirteen months.
The fact that your mother could have been breast feeding you at age thirteen is …. too creepy to contemplate.
I've anchored here a hundred times in thirteen fathoms.
But then, mutiny on the high seas in the year nineteen-thirteen is also grotesque.
All films are shown in thirteen curated themed programs including two to four films and lasting approximately 90 minutes.
In internet years thirteen is almost ancient .. well done Art Daily.
Hey, time works different in thirteen dimensional chess
Those laws were rarely enforced by the early 21st century, but gay couples did live under perpetual threat of arrest in thirteen states prior to Lawrence (though the Texas statute at issue in Lawrence imposed a modest fine rather than a jail term).
That would so suck if she did play her, I mean like she was okay in thirteen, but now shes terrible and Leah should be played by someone thats been in like artsy movies.
While the fate of the show past production on episode thirteen is still unclear, FOX has given us the go-ahead to write two more additional episodes for this season — fourteen and fifteen.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.