from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of western Oregon on the Willamette River south of Salem. It is the seat of the University of Oregon (founded 1872). Population: 146,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name
- proper n. A town in Oregon
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city in western Oregon on the Willamette River; site of a university
- n. Austrian general in the service of the Holy Roman Empire during the War of the Spanish Succession (1663-1736)
From Ancient Greek εὐγένιος (eugenios, "well born") (Wiktionary)