from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- prep. Against.
- prep. Opposed to: I'm agin him.
- prep. Next to; beside; near.
- prep. By or before (a specified time).
- conj. By the time that.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Alternative form of again.
- prep. Alternative form of against.
Regional variant of against.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Scots agin, variant form of again ("against"). (Wiktionary)