from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A transparent blue-green variety of beryl, used as a gemstone.
- n. A pale blue to light greenish blue.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The bluish-green colour of the sea.
- n. A bluish-green variety of beryl.
- adj. Of a bluish-green colour.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as Aquamarine.
- n. A transparent, pale green variety of beryl, used as a gem. See beryl.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A transparent variety of beryl of a bluish or seagreen tint, used as a gem.
- n. A bluish-green color resembling that of the finest beryl.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a transparent variety of beryl that is blue green in color
- n. a shade of blue tinged with green
Latin aqua marīna, sea water : aqua, water; see aqua + marīna, of the sea; see marine.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin aqua ("water") + marinus ("marine"), adjective form from mare ("sea") (Wiktionary)