from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of northwest Illinois on the Mississippi River across from Davenport, Iowa. Settled in 1847, it is a transportation and industrial center. Population: 42,900.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The crossed iron that supports the upper millstone by resting on the spindle; a millrind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The crossed iron sunk in the center of the upper millstone, for receiving the spindle fixed in the lower stone; a mill-rynd.
- In heraldry, resembling a Moline.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a town in northwest Illinois on the Mississippi River
Sorry, no etymologies found.
MOLINE -- A Wisconsin development and construction firm is interested in building a key piece of a city-planned development along the Moline riverfront.
MOLINE -- A registered sex offender wanted on three arrest warrants fought with a Moline police officer Monday and ran, but later was apprehended.
MOLINE -- City staff want to create a micro-enterprise loan program to expand small business in Moline.
MOLINE - A dozen newly designated Master Teachers will be honored at a 20th annual awards program April 30, at the i wireless Center in Moline.
MOLINE -- The darkness gave Moline police officer Heidi Nelson's squad car partial obscurity as it was parked on the shoulder under the Avenue of the Cities overpass on Interstate 74, Iowa-bound.
MOLINE -- Moline city administrator Lew Steinbrecher has named interim fire chief Ron Miller permanently to the post.
MOLINE -- Bethany Baptist Church, one block from John Deere Road on 7th Street in Moline, will present '' The Messiah in the Passover Seder '' at 5 p.m. Sunday.
MOLINE -- Despite a whirlwind of changes at Christ Anglican Church in Moline, church members still find time to help hurricane victims.
MOLINE -- With one well-worn, battered blue suitcase, James Kopel of Moline spent the past 11 years attending every state fair in the United States.
MOLINE -- Super 8 in Moline has teamed up with Churches United to hold a food drive through Saturday, July 25.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.