from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of northwest Illinois on the Mississippi River across from Davenport, Iowa. Settled in 1847, it is a transportation and industrial center. Population: 42,900.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The crossed iron that supports the upper millstone by resting on the spindle; a millrind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The crossed iron sunk in the center of the upper millstone, for receiving the spindle fixed in the lower stone; a mill-rynd.
- In heraldry, resembling a Moline.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a town in northwest Illinois on the Mississippi River
Sorry, no etymologies found.