from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or designed for children especially between the ages of 9 and 12: preteen clothing.
- adj. Being a child especially between the ages of 9 and 12; preadolescent.
- n. A preadolescent boy or girl. Also called subteen.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, relating to, or designed for, or being children between the ages of about 9 to 12
- n. A child in this age group
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a preadolescent boy or girl (usually between 9 and 12 years of age)
- adj. of or relating to or designed for children between the ages of 9 and 12
Sorry, no etymologies found.