from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A solitary, burrowing carnivorous mammal (Gulo gulo) of northern forest regions, related to the weasel and having a heavyset body, short legs, dark fur, and a bushy tail. Also called carcajou, glutton, skunk bear.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A solitary, fierce member of the weasel family, Gulo gulo.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. stocky shaggy-coated North American carnivorous mammal
- n. a native or resident of Michigan
- n. musteline mammal of northern Eurasia
Probably from wolf.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)