from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly Southern U.S. An opossum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An opossum, a marsupial of the family Didelphidae of the Americas.
- n. Any of marsupials in several families of the order Diprotodontia of Australia and neighboring islands.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An opossum.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as opossum.
- To play possum; feign death.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. nocturnal arboreal marsupial having a naked prehensile tail found from southern North America to northern South America
- n. small furry Australian arboreal marsupials having long usually prehensile tails
Short for opossum.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Corruption of opossum. (Wiktionary)