from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See woodchuck. See Regional Note at woodchuck.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A red-brown marmot, Marmota monax, native to North America.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The aardvark.
- n. A reddish brown North American burrowing marmot (Marmota monax), also called the woodchuck. It hibernates in the winter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The American marmot, Arctomys monax, more commonly called woodchuck. See cut under Arctomys.
- n. The aardvark or ant-eater of Africa, Orycteropus capensis. Also called ground-pig and earth-hog. See cut under aardvark.
- n. One of the fat white grubs or larvæ of some beetles, as the June-bug or the May-beetle. Also called white-grub.
- n. 4. A Madagascan insectivorous mammal of the family Centetidæ, as the Centetes ecaudatus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. reddish brown North American marmot
ground + hog (Wiktionary)