from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The cardinal number equal to 13 + 1.
- n. The 14th in a set or sequence.
- n. Something having 14 parts, units, or members.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The cardinal number occurring after thirteen and before fifteen, represented in Roman numerals as XIV and in Arabic numerals as 14.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Four and ten more; twice seven.
- n. The sum of ten and four; forteen units or objects.
- n. A symbol representing fourteen, as 14 or xiv.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Four more than ten, or one more than thirteen: a cardinal numeral.
- n. The sum of ten and four, or thirteen and one.
- n. A symbol representing fourteen units, as 14, XIV, or xiv.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of thirteen and one
- adj. being one more than thirteen
If you won the title fourteen times, you lost it fifteen times.
Consider the fact that one in fourteen people on the planet has a Facebook account.
The determination to pass the health care reform despite the majority of Americans being against it, the arrogance and total disconnect of party leaders, and now this – changing the rules to suit their party's needs - Americans will not be forgetting this in fourteen months!
He had gone to the United States as a young fellow, and in fourteen years 'residence the longest period he had been out of work was twelve hours.
I can maybe handle being thirteenbut fourteen is way out of my frame of reference.
The expostulate would case with 4th & fourteen from the VU 43, as great as Nova would punt the round behind to UNH.
That included out-of-country voting in fourteen nations where 280,303 Iraqis registered.
"Anyone every heard of the expression fourteen times a charm?"
I am not sure what you call a fourteen year old who reads and loves Octavian Nothing -- mature? advanced? sophisticated?
One, Shawn's mother, who died when Shawn was fourteen, is buried in a double plot in Grand Rapids.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.