from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The ordinal number matching the number 14 in a series.
- n. One of 14 equal parts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. The ordinal form of the number fourteen.
- n. The person or thing in the fourteenth position.
- n. One of fourteen equal parts of a whole.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Next in order after the thirteenth.
- adj. Making or constituting one of fourteen equal parts into which anything may be divided.
- n. One of fourteen equal parts into which one whole may be divided; the quotient of a unit divided by fourteen.
- n. The octave of the seventh.
- n. One next after the thirteenth in a series.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Next after the thirteenth: an ordinal numeral.
- n. The quotient of unity divided by fourteen; one of fourteen equal parts of anything: as, nine fourteenths of an acre.
- n. In music, the octave or replicate of the seventh, an interval one diatonic degree less than two octaves.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. position 14 in a countable series of things
- adj. coming next after the thirteenth in position
Sorry, no etymologies found.