from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The ordinal number matching the number 18 in a series.
- n. One of 18 equal parts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. The ordinal form of the number eighteen.
- n. The person or thing in the eighteenth position.
- n. One of eighteen equal parts of a whole.
- n. A party to celebrate an eighteenth birthday.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Next in order after the seventeenth.
- adj. Consisting of one of eighteen equal parts or divisions of a thing.
- n. The quotient of a unit divided by eighteen; one of eighteen equal parts or divisions.
- n. The eighth after the tenth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Next after the seventeenth: an ordinal numeral.
- n. The quotient of unity divided by eighteen; one of eighteen equal parts of anything; an eighteenth part.
- n. In music, an interval comprehending two octaves and a fourth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. coming next after the seventeenth in position
- n. position 18 in a countable series of things
Sorry, no etymologies found.